Post To Pep Up #9
Breed Focus: Pictures and videos of the Poodle
In this post:
- Motivational Quote
- Breed High Five: 5 Poodle pictures…
- Famous people who own or owned Poodle dogs
- Money saving corner
- General traits of the Poodle
- Poodle Videos!
- Breed High Five: 5 more Poodle pictures…
- Next post’s Breed Focus.
Think about… #9
“It always seems impossible until its done.”
– Nelson Mandela
Hello and welcome!
You are like a builder. Just like when a house is built, you start with the first brick, the first wall, and then it is brick by brick. A trick is to make this an easy job. That is for instance by not being too preoccupied with the task. You are doing this for your dog, so that he or she may have a fuller and better life, feeling secure. This cannot be done in one step. Simply be patient, do each task thoughtfully, and celebrate each achievement. Have your family and others, if necessary, on your building team. Make everyone celebrate each Step. That will make the process easier.
Breed High Five: 5 Poodle Pictures
Page Suggestion: The Scary Event Ahead page
Throughout the year, there may be dates and events near you that are scary to dogs and other animals. This can include fireworks shows near you, for instance around fifth of July (in the U.S.), Halloween, Guy Fawkes night (in the U.K.), new year‘s eve, various town or county festivals, and others. This can also include the thunderstorm season. If your dog has not yet completed a therapy process, or if you haven‘t done any noise phobia therapy at all, then special action may be required to make the event or chain of events more bearable for your dog. The Scary Events Ahead page offers you the best advice on what to do that we could find. This includes both a few, short points, and what is probably the most comprehensive list of advice available on the Internet. You can simply choose what you want to look at!
Famous persons who own or owned a Poodle dog
- Singer Rihanna has her loved, miniature brown Poodle dog by her side.
- American actress and business woman Jaclyn Smith (she was in the original Charlie‘s Angels), owns two Poodles.
Poodles had more of a heyday in earlier decades. Owners of Poodle dogs in the past have included:
- Princess Grace Kelly of Monaco, who previously was a famous actrees, owned a Poodle.
- Among other dog breeds owned by Elizabeth Taylor (see previous Breed Briefing on Golden Retriever) was a Poodle.
- Priscilla Presley, wife of singer Elvis Presley, was also a loving owner of a Poodle.
- A Poodle belonged to the 1940‘s and 1950‘s movie star Betty Grable.
- Kirk Douglas was a Poodle owner. He was a mighty big standard Poodle.
- Jane Mansfield, the American actress in film, theater and TV, as well as a singer and nightclub entertainer, owned a white Poodle.
- Pablo Picasso, the Spanish superstar painter of the 20th century, was obviously a dog lover. Mentioned in two previous Breed Briefings (Dachshund and Boxer) also owned a Poodle.
- Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of England, was one of the well known Poodle owners.
- And First Lady Jacqueline Kennedy, wife of John F. Kennedy, 35th President of the United States, owned a big Standard Poodle dog.
Money Saving Corner
Would you like to save more on pet supplies at Amazon.com? Choose and click a coupon to save!
There is a full page of all dog products coupons on Amazon:
General traits of the Poodle
- Affectionate family dog.
- Regal attitude.
- Proud and clever.
- A thinking dog that learns quickly.
- Excels in obedience and agility.
- Needs daily companionship.
- Prefers peace and harmony.
- Good training is necessary.
- Reserved to strangers.
- Can be sensitive, or hyper sensitive.
- Coat needs a lot of upkeep.
- Can have separation anxiety.
- Not good with small unpredictable children.
- Can become destructive if bored.
Selected Poodle Videos!
Poodles Are Awesome: Compilation
Posted by Kyoot Animals – 3:07 minutes – on Youtube
10 Funniest Poodle Videos
Posted by World’s Fuzziest Videos – 6:16 minutes – on Youtube
(To watch the videos at the source, just click the “Youtube” logo in the bottom right corner of the video)
Breed High Five: 5 More Poodle Pictures
Page Suggestion: The Keep Everyone Happy page
Please turn tothe Keep Everyone Happy page for advice on how to get everyone who may hear the sounds to accept and support this process. It is possible that someone may complain when these sonds are being played fairly loud, in the last Steps in the therapy process. These sounds are not played for entertainment purposes. You are making your dog get used to sounds that are annoying. Getting these individuals to understand what is going on may be important.
Next Post’s Breed Focus: Boston Terrier
In Post To Pep Up #10, we will give you two high-fives about the Boston Terrier, tell you about famous people who own or owned a dog of this breed, and some Boston Terrier videos as well!
Credit for images: Stock images from 123rf.com, purchased, model release contract where applicable, referral link.
Credit for motiovational quote: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/done.html
Credit for information behind the famous owners of Poodle dogs section:
Credit for items in the characteristics and challenging points: yourpurebredpuppy.com/dogbreeds: what’s good about’ em, what’s bad about’ em, and dogtime.com/dog-breeds.