Post To Pep Up #6
Breed Focus: Pictures and videos of the Golden Retriever
In this post:
- Motivational Quote
- Breed High Five: 5 Golden Retriever pictures…
- Famous people who own or owned Golden Retriever dogs
- Money saving corner
- General traits of the Golden Retriever
- Golden Retriever Videos!
- Breed High Five: 5 more Golden Retriever pictures…
- Next post’s Breed Focus.
Think about… #6
Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try.
Hello and welcome!
In the first Steps in the noise phobia therapy, you will be sailing on calm waters. The sound volume is so low that hearing the sounds is like the phenomena are safely in the distance. In the latter Steps of the Simple Secure Steps process, things start moving closer. The volume is set gradually louder as you move to higher Steps, (but with the piano Volume Anchor™ always the same which means that setting the volume on your audio device is much easier and safer than before).
In the latter Stages, it becomes more crucial that the sound volume and acoustic quality of the sounds becomes par with the actual phenomena when they are heard in reality, in the natural settings. It is then that your dog finally learns and becomes used to the sounds, which should mean that there is much less likelihood that the real sounds will startle him and induce suspicion and fear – the natural reaction programmed into every animal‘s symphathetic autonomic nervous system.
You may find it wise to consider if the audio devices you have are up to the task of delivering the sound realistically and of sufficient volume. If not, can you borrow a better device? Can someone give you a used audio device? Can you buy a used one? Can you buy a new one? This has to be a balanced decision, since I am not encouraging you to stretch yourself beyond what is reasonable for you and your means. If you want to consider the audio device options, your first stop is the Audio Devices page.
Breed High Five: 5 Golden Retriever Pictures
Page Suggestion: The Quick Focus page
Do you need a helping „hand“ to remind you quickly of how to implement the Simple Secure Steps method correctly, in order to maximize the likelihood of success for your dog? The Quick Focus Infograph and the short Quick Focus video on the (yes, you guessed it, the page is named the) Quick Focus page gives you an overview of how to do this, in just an instant.
Page Suggestion: The Fear Signs page
To safely go through the therapy process, you must know if your dog is relaxed or under stress during the the playing sessions. To get information about all the possible, clear or subtle, signs of stress, simply go tothe Fear Signs page.
Famous persons who own or owned a Golden Retriever dog
The list of celebrities, politicians and famous people who own or have owned this super friendly breed is very long. These are just a few highlights.
- Adam Levine, the singer of Maroon Five, currently owns a Golden named Charlie, who actually is a female. Charlie replaced Frankie Girl whom he had owned for many years.
- Jimmy Falon, host of the Tonight Show, owns a Golden Retriever girl who bears the name Gary.
- Another famous TV night show host, Conan O’Brien, also chose a Golden Retriever. He guards his privacy well, so no one seems to know the dog‘s name.
- Actor James Marsden of X-Men found a canine match in his white Golden Retriever.
- Singer, songwriter and actor Nich Jonas of the Jonas Brothers owns a Golden Retriever. We don‘t know if the dog sings, or howls, along but he is named Elvis. He has raised him since the dog was a puppy.
- The friendly martial arts movie star Jackie Chan of China fame owns no less that two of the similarly friendly breed Golden Retrievers.
- Another movie star who has seen quite a bit of action in many of his movies, Tom Cruise, also owns two Golden Retrievers. They are named Chloe and Luke.
- Desperate Housewife actress Nicolette Shreidan is often seen strolling along with her golden on a leash.
- Pamela Anderson, who ran along the beach in her red swim suit in the popular Baywatch TV series, owns a Golden Retriever named Superstar Bar “Star.“ Her dog is a rescue that she got from a shelter.
- Bruce Weber the photographer has owned many, many Golden Retrievers. At one time he seems to have owned six at the same time, according to a photograph.
- And TV hostess Oprah Winfrey is a Golden Retriever owner.
Golden retrievers were also popular in the past:
- Hollywood movie actor Gregory Peck had a Golden Retriever.
- When Elizabeth Taylor, one of the most celebrated female movie stars of the 20th century, was but a little girl, the first dog of her family was a Golden Retriever named Monty. In her adult years, she owned another Golden with the same name.
- US President number 38, Gerald Ford, owned a Golden Retriever named Liberty.
- Another Commander in Chief, Ronald Reagan, the 40th President of the United States also had a Golden, named Victory.
- Another top level politician, the first and only female prime minister of India, Indira Gandhi, also owned Golden Retrievers as companions.
- The first prime minister of India, Mr. Jawaharlal Nehru, actually had a fully trained police dog of the Golden Reteiver breed who guarded the prime minister‘s residence day and night. So the Golden Retrievers are not just friendly companions.
Money Saving Corner
Would you like to save more on pet supplies at Amazon.com? Choose and click a coupon to save!
There is a full page of all dog products coupons on Amazon:
General traits of the Golden Retriever
- Exceptionally friendly and charming.
- One of the finest family dogs.
- Tolerant attitude.
- Likes fetch games, and eager to please.
- Peaceful with other animals.
- Highly intelligent, and good in agility and obedience.
- Easily distracted by sights and sounds.
- Sheds a lot.
- Needs regular brusing and combing.
- Needs two brisk walks per day.
- Chewing mouthiness.
- Not the best watchdog.
- Can have many health problems.
Selected Golden Retriever Videos!
Golden Retriever Pet Profile
Posted by Bondi Vet – 2:23 minutes – on Youtube
10 Funniest Golden Retriever Videos
Posted by World’s Fuzziest Videos – 6:55 minutes – on Youtube
(To watch the videos at the source, just click the “Youtube” logo in the bottom right corner of the video)
Breed High Five: 5 More Golden Retriever Pictures
Page Suggestion: 5 CDs pack members discount
If you own a CD player that you can use in one or more of the locations where you will play the sounds, then it is natural that you will need CD disc for each step. As you are a member of this program, you will geta special member‘s discount of the WeStopFear 5 audio CDs set .The discount is quite high. You can also buy blank media CD discs and burn your own CDs. The instructions for that is here.
Page Suggestion: The Audio Devices advice page
Are your audio devices up to the task? Do you own the devices you need, can you borrow a device, will you buy a used one for cheap, or do you want to purchase a new audio system, which you are going to be using for general listening needs later on? On the Audio Devices page, you will find advice on these matters.Click here to go to the Audio Devices page.
Next Post’s Breed Focus: Chihuahua
In Post To Pep Up #7, we will give you two high-fives about the Chihuahua, tell you about famous people who own or owned a dog of this breed, and some Chihuahua videos as well!
Credit for images: Stock images from 123rf.com, purchased, model release contract when applicable, referral link.
Credit for motiovational quote: http://www.marcandangel.com/2012/07/27/60-empowering-quotes/)
Credit for information behind the famous owners of Golden Retriever dogs section:
Credit for items in the characteristics and challenging points: yourpurebredpuppy.com/dogbreeds: what’s good about’ em, what’s bad about’ em, and dogtime.com/dog-breeds.