Post To Pep Up #20
Breed Focus: Pictures and videos of the German Shorthaired Pointer (Vorsteh)
In this post:
- Motivational Quote
- Breed High Five: 5 German Shorthaired Pointer pictures…
- Famous people who own or owned German Shorthaired Pointer dogs
- Money saving corner
- General traits of the German Shorthaired Pointer
- German Shorthaired Pointer Videos!
- Breed High Five: 5 more German Shorthaired Pointer pictures…
- Next post’s Breed Focus.
Think about… #20
“You don’t actually do a project; you can only do action steps related to it. When enough of the right action steps have been taken, some situation will have been created that matches your initial picture of the outcome closely enough that you can call it ‘done.’”
– David Allen
Hello and welcome!
Our goal is clear: A potentially safer and more enjoyable life, for the rest of your dog‘s days. As you go through the process, it may happen (depending on when during the year you started the process), that a well known, scary event or time of the year takes place. If this is the case, you are advised to take a look at the Scary Event page, that contains special advice on how to make such events more bearable to dogs that haven‘t gone fully through, and successfully, a noise phobia therapy.
These are even advisable for those who have actually finished the therapy. For instance, if some time has passed since finishing, then the dog owner should bear in mind that the immunity for these sounds are bound to decrease slightly over time. This is similar to if you stop completely to visit the gym, and just lie in your sofa doing nothing, then your body‘s strenght and endurance will vane. Maintenance is a necessity.
Breed High Five: 5 German Shorthaired Pointer Pictures
Famous persons who own or owned a German Shorthaired Pointer dog
- The great charm and movie legend Clark Gable was to the point with his German Shorthair Pointer.
- Bradley Cooper has the GSP Charlotte, whom he found at a kill shelter. He literally came to her rescue.
- American singer, songwriter and actor Tim McGraw is one of the devoted GSP fans.
- Ben Stein, author and television personality is a proud German Shorthaired Pointer owner.
- Actress and model Rachel Hunter is too charmed by the GSP breed.
- State Senator Dave Balmer owns a GSP named Digby.
Money Saving Corner
Would you like to save more on pet supplies at Amazon.com? Choose and click a coupon to save!
There is a full page of all dog products coupons on Amazon:
General traits of the German Shorthaired Pointer
- Excellent family companion.
- Good natured and dependable.
- Enthusiastic at work and play.
- One of the most energetic breeds.
- Not an agressive breed.
- Easy care coat.
- Needs plenty of vigorous exercise.
- Can be an escape artist – needs a tall fence.
- Has his own mind, may ignore calls.
- A bit reserved with strangers.
- Nervous and destructive without exercise.
- Doesn‘t tolerate well being left alone.
Selected German Shorthaired Pointer Videos!
DOGS 101 – German Shorthaired Pointer
Posted by Sp!d3r_Channel – 4:31 minutes – on Youtube
Funny Sprinkler Dogs-Jethro and Oliver the Crazy German Shorthaired Pointers
Posted by PawsTheVideo – 1:29 minutes – on Youtube
(To watch the videos at the source, just click the “Youtube” logo in the bottom right corner of the video)
Breed High Five: 5 More German Shorthaired Pointer Pictures
Page Suggestion: The Scary Event Ahead page
Throughout the year, there may be dates and events near you that are scary to dogs and other animals. This can include fireworks shows near you, for instance around fifth of July (in the U.S.), Halloween, Guy Fawkes night (in the U.K.), new year‘s eve, various town or county festivals, and others. This can also include the thunderstorm season. If your dog has not yet completed a therapy process, or if you haven‘t done any noise phobia therapy at all, then special action may be required to make the event or chain of events more bearable for your dog. The Scary Events Ahead page offers you the best advice on what to do that we could find. This includes both a few, short points, and what is probably the most comprehensive list of advice available on the Internet. You can simply choose what you want to look at!
Next Post’s Breed Focus: Siberian Husky
In Post To Pep Up #21, we will give you two high-fives about the Siberian Husky, tell you about famous people who own or owned a dog of this breed, and some Siberian Husky videos as well!
Credit for images: Stock images from 123rf.com, purchased, model release contract where applicable, referral link.
Credit for motiovational quote: http://www.marcandangel.com/2012/07/27/60-empowering-quotes/)
Credit for information behind the famous owners of German Shorthaired Pointer dogs section:
Credit for items in the characteristics and challenging points: yourpurebredpuppy.com/dogbreeds: what’s good about’ em, what’s bad about’ em, and dogtime.com/dog-breeds.